What is It?
Radiesse is a long-lasting dermal filler that consists of tiny calcium hydroxylapatatite (CaHA) particles suspended in a smooth carboxymethylcellulose gel. Both ingredients are safe and non-allergenic. Once Radiesse is injected under the skin, it not only smoothes wrinkles, but also stimulates the skin’s own production of collagen, the protein so essential for youthful-looking skin.
What is different about Radiesse is that in addition to adding lost volume to age- and sun-damaged skin, it also appears to stimulate the body to produce new collagen on its own. Radiesse’s manufacturer calls this process neocollagenesis. The collagen forms around the tiny microspheres, giving the skin back its structure. As the collagen builds up, the wrinkles overlying the treated area soften and smooth out.
What Does it Treat?
Radiesse is particularly helpful for treating troublesome deep facial creases, such as the nasolabial folds that run from the corners of the nose to the corners of the mouth and the glabellar “frown” lines of the forehead. Radiesse is also used to fill in depressions caused by scarring and to re-contour the chin and cheeks.
Treatment with Radiesse
As with any injection, an ultrafine needle is used beneath the surface of the skin, which can cause some discomfort. Because Radiesse is biocompatible, you don’t have to wait for the results of allergy testing. You can be treated on the same day as your consultation.
Why choose RADIESSE?
- RADIESSE immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen with results that can last a year or more in many patients.1-3
- Over time, the gel is absorbed and the body metabolizes the CaHA microspheres leaving behind only your own natural collagen.1
- RADIESSE is clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients2,3
- RADIESSE provides results with high patient satisfaction2,4
- RADIESSE is FDA approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic, to significantly reduce injection-related pain
How Long do the Results Last?
You’ll notice some improvement in and around the treated area immediately. But over the next few days and weeks you’ll also see additional, more gradual improvements as the CaHA particles within the injected gel form a “scaffold” that stimulates your skin to produce its own collagen. The results last approximately a year.